Thursday, September 11, 2008

Yikes Ike!

So Hurricane Ike has decided to completely disrupt my weekend plans. I was supposed to have a doctor's appointment this morning, but it was rescheduled for next Wednesday because of the storm. I was also looking forward to a baby shower Saturday morning which my mom and sisters were planning to attend. But, alas, Ike has thrown those plans out the window as well! As for the actual storm--we are prepared, but not too worried. We have supplies ready for if/when the power goes out and our windows are ready for any damage from falling tree limbs. Lucky for us we are far enough inland that we should be able to avoid the brunt of the storm. We're more worried for our family in Baytown and are keeping them all in our prayers. I've given strict instructions to our baby girl that she'll have to at least wait out the weekend if she has plans for coming early. I have a feeling she'll be a fairly obedient child, but you never know!

Speaking of our baby girl, I can definitely tell she's running out of room. Everything continues to check out as healthy and normal, and for that we are very grateful. I'm still feeling pretty good considering there's only 2 weeks left until my due date. I'm getting a bit uncomfortable and it's getting harder to move around, but other than that I can't really complain.

37 1/2 weeks

As for other news, we finally have the nursery finished and organized enough to post some pictures. We ended up with a lot more room than we thought we'd have. Enjoy :)



We also finally replaced the slipcover on our couch. I was SUPER excited and I really like the way it turned out. It's funny how simple things can totally make your day!


That's the update on the Naegle's. Our next post should be announcing our baby girl!

4 comments:

Deanna said...

you are so beautiful!!! And the nursery is adorable!

Laura said...

Good luck with hurricane ike. I love your nursery...it's gorgeous!

Sarah said...

What a cute nursery Ashleigh! I am so excited for your baby girl to arrive! Please join me in keeping your fingers crossed that my next baby is a girl! :) Take care and I hope you have a comfortable delivery!!

Julie said...

I can't wait! You're so close! I hope everything was good for you and Ike. Good luck with the baby! I can't wait for the new baby!!!!